An important feature for troubleshooting device issues, is the ability to remotely capture and download logs for a specific device.
- After logging in to your Admin console, go to Devices > Chrome Devices and click a serial number to get into the individual device settings.
- On the left side of the screen you’ll see the option to Capture Logs. Click Capture Logs to begin the download.
- Once the capture is completed it will indicate the logs are ready for download from the Details Page. This is the page you should already be on.
- In order to download the logs, under the center info screens, look for the category System activity and troubleshooting. It should be near the bottom.
- In this category you should see System logs, click the date listed underneath it to download the logs in a zip file.
- Email the logs to email@example.com and we will analyze them for any issues.
Please visit Getting started with Chrome Device Management for more information regarding Chrome Device Management.