Enabling the On Screen Keyboard is necessary for certain widgets inside of Arreya, most notably the SMS widget requires the user of a kiosk to input their phone number. While many ChromeOS devices have On Screen Keyboard enabled as a default, the safer option is to enable it in the Google Admin Console. This ensures that the kiosk functions as expected regardless of updates or changes to the configuration or firmware.
- Log into your Google Admin account at: https://admin.google.com/
- From the options on the left, click and expand the Devices category, then click and expand Settings.
- Click Device under the settings sub-category.
- From here, choose the Organizational Unit for which you would like to enable the On Screen Keyboard. It is important to note that enabling this in a Organizational Unit will change the setting for any device or Organizational Unit underneath it. If you enable it at the top level Organizational Unit, all devices will have On Screen Keyboard enabled.
- In the primary window, scroll down until you find a category of settings titled “Kiosk accessibility”
- Underneath “Kiosk accessibility” you will find a setting called “Kiosk on-screen keyboard”. Change the setting to “Enable on-screen keyboard” as shown.
- In the top right of the screen, click Save to save your settings and have the On-Screen Keyboard enabled for your chrome devices.
Creating an Organizational Unit (OU) for your Chrome Devices is an easy way to organize groups of devices and users.
- Use the main navigation menu in the upper left hand corner of the admin console to navigate to the Organizational units page under the Directory heading.
- Click the yellow circle with a plus in it in the upper left.
- In the Create new organizational unit dialog box, put in the name you are wanting to give your new OU, make sure that it has the correct Parent OU, and then click [CREATE].
Please visit Getting started with Chrome Device Management for more information regarding Chrome Device Management.
This article will give you an overview of your Chrome Enterprise Management (CEM) and the Google Admin console.
Logging in to your Google Admin console
The Google Admin console is where you take advantage of the Chrome Enterprise Management product. The Admin console is a cloud based website that allows you to remotely manage many aspects of your Chrome devices.
- You can access the Google Admin console from any computer with an internet connection by going to admin.google.com
- Your login to this account will most likely be email@example.com with channel being replaced with your Arreya channel name.
- If you are using your own Google Apps domain for CDM, you will login to the console with an email address on your Google Apps domain. You may need to contact your IT administrator for access.
If you are signed in to another Google Account on the computer, you may have issues logging in to this site as it does not work with normal Gmail accounts.
- If you get an error when trying to log in, try going to accounts.google.com and logging out of all of the accounts, or open an incognito tab (Ctrl+Shift+N) which will not have any accounts saved.
- This is what you will see when you first log in to your Google Admin console.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click a link below to be taken to the knowledge base article.