Setting up your OU (Organization Unit) is an important step to make sure your Chrome Devices will be properly configured for kiosk mode.
- After logging in to your Admin console, go to Device Management > Chrome management.
- Once you are on the Chrome Management screen, click on Apps & extensions.
- Select the OU (Organization Unit) on the left hand side of the screen that you wish to configure. Only Chrome devices in this OU will have the settings applied.
- Click on the KIOSKS tab
- Hover your mouse on the Yellow Plus button on the bottom right corner of your screen, next click on the Chrome icon to open up the Chrome Web Store. Search for “Arreya” and click +SELECT.
- Under the Kiosk Settings heading click the dropdown box under Auto-Launch Kiosk App. Select “Arreya”.
- After the Arreya app is selected to Auto-Launch, it is recommended to enable device health monitoring. This will give you the online and offline status of the Chrome device in your Google Admin console. Enabling device system log upload is optional, which will upload device logs every day. Click Save in the upper right corner to confirm these settings.
- In the upper left, change the dropdown from Apps & extensions to Settings. Click on DEVICE SETTINGS and scroll down to Device update settings. Under Device Update Settings, it is recommended to have Auto Update set to “Allow auto-updates” and Auto reboot after updates set to “Allow auto-reboots”
- Click [Save] in the upper right corner to save your changes.
Please visit Getting started with Chrome Device Management for more information regarding Chrome Device Management.