Change Time Zone Settings on a Chrome Device
Configuring the time zone settings on a Chrome device is done in the Google Admin Console. Settings are determined by the OU that the devices are apart of. For help managing device settings, read this google article. Specific information about Chrome device time zone settings can be found here.
Chrome Device time zone options:
- No policy set – This is the same as ‘Let users decide’
- Let users decide – Users can control the policy through standard Chrome OS Date and Time settings
- Never auto-detect time zone – Users must manually pick a timezone.
- Always use coarse time zone detection – Uses the device IP address to set the timezone.
- Always send WiFi access-point to server while resolving time zone – Uses the location of the WiFi connection to set the time zone. This is the most accurate option.