How to enable On-Screen Keyboard in Google Admin Console
Enabling the On Screen Keyboard is necessary for certain widgets inside of Arreya, most notably the SMS widget requires the user of a kiosk to input their phone number. While many ChromeOS devices have On Screen Keyboard enabled as a default, the safer option is to enable it in the Google Admin Console. This ensures that the kiosk functions as expected regardless of updates or changes to the configuration or firmware.
- Log into your Google Admin account at: https://admin.google.com/
- From the options on the left, click and expand the Devices category, then click and expand Settings.
- Click Device under the settings sub-category.
- From here, choose the Organizational Unit for which you would like to enable the On Screen Keyboard. It is important to note that enabling this in a Organizational Unit will change the setting for any device or Organizational Unit underneath it. If you enable it at the top level Organizational Unit, all devices will have On Screen Keyboard enabled.
- In the primary window, scroll down until you find a category of settings titled “Kiosk accessibility”
- Underneath “Kiosk accessibility” you will find a setting called “Kiosk on-screen keyboard”. Change the setting to “Enable on-screen keyboard” as shown.
- In the top right of the screen, click Save to save your settings and have the On-Screen Keyboard enabled for your chrome devices.