An important feature for troubleshooting device issues, is the ability to remotely reboot a Chrome device or take a screenshot of the screen.
- After logging in to your Admin console, go to Device Management > Chrome Devices and click a serial number to get into the individual device settings.
- Click System Activity and Troubleshooting
- This screen has information regarding system information, and troubleshooting features like Reboot Device and Screen Capture.
- Pressing [Reboot Now] will send a command to the Chrome device to reboot. You will either get a success message, or an error if the device is offline or it’s unable to communicate with the device.
- Pressing [Capture], next to Screen Capture will take a screenshot of what is currently on the screen. This can be used to determine what is showing on the screen currently
The Screen Capture function will return an error if a user has interacted with the Chrome device, pressed a touch screen, used a keyboard or mouse, etc. This is a security feature to prevent sensitive information from being accessed on a user’s screen.
Please visit Getting started with Chrome Device Management for more information regarding Chrome Device Management.